1. Burness CB, McCormack PL. Teduglutide: a review of its use in the treatment of patients with short bowel syndrome. Drugs 2013;73:935–47.
2. Gabe M, Jeppesen PB, Pape UF, et al. STEPS-2, a 2-year, multicenter, open-label clinical trial: safety and efficacy of long-term teduglutide 0.05 mg/kg/day treatment of adults with intestinal failure associated with short bowel syndrome. Poster presented at the 7th European Conference on Rare Diseases & Orphan Products; May 8–10, 2014; Berlin, Germany.
3. Iyer K, Fujioka K, Boullata JI, Ziegler TR. Long-term safety and efficacy with teduglutide treatment in patients with intestinal failure associated with short bowel syndrome (SBS–IF): The STEPS-3 Study. Poster presented at the 36th European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism Congress; September 6–9, 2014; Geneva, Switzerland.
4. Jeppesen PB, Gilroy R, Pertkiewicz M, et al. Randomised placebo-controlled trial of teduglutide in reducing parenteral nutrition and/or intravenous fluid requirements in patients with short bowel syndrome. Gut 2011;60:902–14.
5. Jeppesen PB, Pertkiewicz M, Seidner DL, et al. Teduglutide, a novel analogue of glucagon-like peptide 2 (GLP-2), is effective and safe in reducing parenteral support volume in short bowel syndrome–intestinal failure subjects: Results from a 24-week, placebo-controlled phase 3 trial (STEPS). Gastroenterology 2011;140(Suppl 1):146.
6. Jeppesen PB, Pertkiewicz M, Messing B, et al. Teduglutide reduces need for parenteral support among patients with short bowel syndrome with intestinal failure. Gastroenterology 2012;143:1473–81.
7. Jeppesen PB, Sanguinetti EL, Buchman A, et al. Teduglutide (ALX-0600), a dipeptidyl peptidase IV resistant glucagon-like peptide 2 analogue, improves intestinal function in short bowel syndrome patients. Gut 2005;54:1224–31.
8. Jeppesen PB. Teduglutide for the treatment of short bowel syndrome. Drugs Today 2013;49:599–614.
9. Lal S, Teubner A, Shaffer JL. Review article: intestinal failure. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2006;24:19-31.
10. Matarese LE, Hofstetter S, Stern L, Willet J. Key issues in addressing the clinical and humanistic burden of short bowel syndrome in the US. Curr Med Res Opin 2013;29:495–504.
11. Matarese LE. Nutrition and fluid optimization for patients with short bowel syndrome. J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2013;37:161–70.
12. O’Keefe SJ, Buchman AL, Fishbein TM, et al. Short bowel syndrome and intestinal failure: consensus definitions and overview. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2006;4:6–10.
13. O’Keefe SJ, Jeppesen PB, Gilroy R, et al. Safety and efficacy of teduglutide after 52 weeks of treatment in patients with short bowel intestinal failure. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2013;11:815–23.
14. Seidner DL, Schwartz LK, Winkler MF, et al. Increased intestinal absorption in the era of teduglutide and its impact on management strategies in patients with short bowel syndrome-associated intestinal failure. J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2013;37:201–11.
15. Tappenden KA, Edelman J, Joelsson B. Teduglutide enhances structural adaptation of the small intestinal mucosa in patients with short bowel syndrome. J Clin Gastroenterol 2013;47:602–7.
16. Fachinformation zu Revestive®, Stand Mai 2014.